Friday, November 23, 2007

Eli, Eli

Bangladeshi cyclone-affected man Khalilur Rahman, who lost 11 members of his family including his wife and his other children, cries holding his only survived daughter while waiting to get relief goods in Fokirghat, on the southern coastal area of Bangladesh, 20 November 2007. Urgently-needed supplies of food, water and medicine were nearing people in remote areas of Bangladesh where a devastating cyclone has left millions homeless and thousands dead. With roads now cleared of hundreds of trees that had blocked aid convoys, officials said relief was finally starting to get through to the most inaccessible areas four days after the colossal storm hit. By Farjana Khan Goghuly/AFP/Getty Images. (from: http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/ )

Tell me why any debate on hardcovers and trade paperbacks is important? Tell me why sending sending millions of ringgit into orbit a matter of pride? Tell me why bringing democracy to the middle east such a priority? Tell me why civilization is at its zenith?

No, tell me, really! I looked at this picture and forgot most of the answers.

No comments: